Friday, May 22, 2009

Athena, Carter...Carter, Athena

Well, the build up of the meeting did not live up to expectations. I guess I should've known...she's been an only child for 9 years and he is less than 2 weeks old. What did I think he was going to do...throuw a tennis ball for her?

We brought Athena home last night after an extended vacation at Uncle John & Aunt Ann's. She sniffed his feet a little, then went on to other things. He pretended to not even notice.

I think they both thought, "Well, you can't be staying here too long."

After a while, they seemed to at least acknowledge each other's presence.

Shortly after, it was time for Carter to eat so Athena did relax and observe from afar. After that, we lay him down in his bassinet to catch some rays as we made dinner. Every now and then his binky would escape his gravitational pull and he would let out a little squeal. This got Athena's attention.

She would tip toe into his room and peak over the edge to see what the commotion was about. She did this a few times until both of them settled down.

Over the course of the night, Athena started to pay more and more attention to him. She even gave him a few little kisses on his head whenever he started to fuss or cry, which I'm sure peaked Carter interest quite a bit!











"Excuse me sir. I was wondering...which way is the beach?"


UPDATE: Nichole is telling me that Athena is following her around the apartment and "alerting" her whenever Carter is crying. As if to say, "Uh...are you going to take care of that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment