Tuesday, October 27, 2009

BPF & a Wedding

We finally got Carter started on BPF (Big People Food). Last week I had pureed some carrots & parsnips (don’t worry, I didn’t puree them together…that would just be gross) and froze them in ice cue trays to make individual servings.

So, this morning I popped out one of the carrot cubes, steamed it an added a little bit of his virgin White Russian cocktail (between you and me, its just formula, but he seems to like it better if I refer to it as this) to spice it up.

As you can see in the picture, I’ve created a make-shift high chair. Technically, it is a chair and it is high, so deal with it. Due to recent activities, most of the contents of our apartment are either in cardboard boxes or strewn out awaiting to be placed in cardboard boxes, so please excuse the most of the background images.



I started with a few tiny spoonfuls. He took them into his mouth and appeared to be planning on a quick exit strategy, but I played the part of the goalie and tried to keep the puck in play (there’s a mishmash of analogies, eh?).

I could also see that not only is it about time for him to start on solids, but to start to walk as he was looking to get out of that chair to avoid any more carrot contamination.

Instead of forcing the issue, I bottled up the leftovers and sent them with him to daycare. I called in around lunchtime to see how he was doing and one of his girlfriends was feeding him the carrots as we spoke!

Excellent! Next week…parsnips!

Seeing how I haven’t posted in awhile I thought I would throw up some pictures from this past weekend as well.

We attended a family friend’s wedding in Connecticut and Carter was the life of the party. Of course the Bride got a little attention, but Carter had his own receiving line forming soon into the event.

At first we were going to dress him in a black onesy with a tuxedo design screen printed on (only because his “You might be a redneck…” t-shirt was in the wash), but we relented and clad him in something a little more appropriate.

Here is a picture of my two favorite people:


And here is a picture that you could tell he was just tickled to be part of:


Now, I’ve heard of people wearing lampshades at some parties, but this is a little different:

1 comment:

  1. He's getting more and more adorable everyday! I can't believe he's almost 6 months old. Where has the time gone?

    Are you guys moving? What's with the boxes?

    ReplyDelete